Monday, June 9, 2008

My London Life

After all, my blog towards London started a bit late, a month after I touched down in London Heathrow Airport. Anyway, I try my best to write down my closest feeling here.

London, a city that takes me 13 hours of flight to reach. Be frank, first 2 days I had bad jet lag, which had been quite painful passed through. I am lucky that I have a very nice friend, a going-to-be doctor. He helps a lot for my accommodation, culture shock, making friends... he really gave me a good kick start in London. I owe you a lot, bro!!!

Well, I have made some good friends in London. Thanks a lot for all the helps and blesses, from friends in Dawson Hall and cari.com forum. You all make my life great in London Thanks :)

London is a nice city, with good transportation facility. The tube here is well developed. I feel it is very convenient in London. Compare to Kuala Lumpur, which barely able to survive without a car. Any how, you will need to walk a lot in London, to catch up a bus or tram. It might make you healthier :P With Oyster card, you can travel around the London, with the automatic maximum day travel capping calculation. What i mean here is, if your travel is more than one day travel charge, the machine will automatic charge only the one day travel fare, instead of the sum. Quite smart. One more credit for transportation in London, you can check out your trip detail from http://www.tfl.gov.uk/, which provide you different travel options and direction for the destination you choose. That's so much convenient ever!

Buildings here are so interesting. There are various kind of designs across the whole city. Some are exotic, some are modern, some looks high tech and so on. Online sales is popular here. You almost can buy anything from the web, including grocery from Tesco, but with little charges. Besides, you will find out a lot of online discount, voucher code, hot deal and so on to make it a great deal. Well, 10% discount make a big difference! (if converted to RM... lol)

People here most of the time take sandwiches for lunch. Pret-A-Manger are every where in London, it is nice and delicious also, with 3 pounds, it is quite filling. Dining out will cost you around 10 pounds. The best way is cook yourself, which might cost you only 20 pounds a week!

After all, the accommodation rental in London is sky high. with 100 pounds per week, I can rent a banglo in Malaysia, but I only can get a small single room here. Some properties, you might need to pay the council tax for the owner as well, which overall state the major expenses of you life in London.

No comments: